Choose the suitable OEM 2d barcode scanner module for your project
|Read QR/1D Codes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Read From Phone Screen||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Decoder board & imager built together||Optional||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Read Maxicode & Aztec||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Ultra-small & Ultra-low Power Consumption||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Arduino via UART/ TTL-232 board||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Arduino via USB EVK board||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Raspberry Pi Via USB EVK board||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Raspberry Pi Via Dupont/ TTL-232 EVK board||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- If you need an OEM barcode scanner module for general use/ scan usual bar code (here the “usual” means not very big or not very small, not high density), then you can choose RT207, RT206 or our newly released (In 2020) super small 2d module RT214, all of them are very small size, while the RT207 with its decoder board and imager camera apart and the RT206 and RT214 with decoder board and imager built together. If you use the scanner for a handheld terminal, then you can choose the RT214/RT206 which easier to be fixed in a handheld terminal, and if you use the scanner inside a vending machine/kiosk, then you can choose the RT207, the RT207’s imager head even smaller than RT206. Both RT206 and RT207 is very cost-effective since they are the highest volume produced. But RT214 now (in 2020 became the most hot-sales scanner module).
- If you want a high-level 2d scanner engine for general use/scan usual bar codes, then you can choose the RT208, which performs excellently. But its cost is higher than the others.
Conclusion: In terms of performance: RT214 ≈ RT207≈RT206<RT208; In terms of price: RT214<RT207<RT206<RT208; In terms of dimension: RT214<RT207 (imager head)<RT206<RT208
- If you need a fixed mount type scanner (with USB/ RS232 interface) for the usual bar code, then you can choose RT870, RT225, or RT230H. They built with a fixed-mount and with a USB / RS232 interface. (More details, please refer to https://www.rtscan.net/barcode-readers/fixed-mount-barcode-readers/)
- If you need one OEM scanner module to scan a very long 1D bar code or PDF417 code in an ID card/ passport/ driver’s license, then you can choose the RT209/ RT212.
- If you need to scan a small Data matrix code that printed on a small chip/object, then you can choose the RT208.
- If the Data Matrix code is ultra-small and also high density, then you can choose the RT231 which equipped with a Magnifying glass.
- If you need a scanner to read Aztec code, you can choose RT203. If for Maxicode, choose the RT203.
All of them can read the inverse bar code.
All of them support automatic detection and reading bar codes.
All of them can be control by commands.
All of them support sensing mode, command trigger mode, continuous mode.
RT206/RT207/RT208/RT209/RT212/RT214 with TTL interface, RT203 is scan engine with both TTL and USB interface (USB version without beeper), RT235/RT230H are fixed mount barcode scanner with USB/RS232 interface.
Choose the suitable fixed mount 2d barcode scanner for your project
|Read QR, PDF417/1D Codes...||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Read From Phone Screen& Paper||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Depth of field||Far||Far||Far||Near||Near||Near|
|IP-Level dust-proof & water-proof||IP54||-||-||IP66||-||-|
|Read Maxicode & Aztec||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Arduino via Dupont/ TTL-232 interface||No||No||No||No||No||Yes✹|
|Compatible with Arduino via USB EVK board||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Raspberry Pi Via USB EVK board||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Raspberry Pi Via Dupont/ TTL-232 EVK board||No||No||No||No||No||Yes✹|
|Read high-density PDF417 code from the ID card and Driver's license||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Read OCR-B from ID cards||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Read OCR-B from passport||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|✹TTL Version RT870 support|
- RT870 is an excellent 2d and QR code reader for embedded use in turnstiles, kiosks, and all kinds of self-service terminals.
- RT830B is area-imaging fixed-mount barcode readers, with a fixed mount design and without housing and window glass, designed for embedded under a window glass. Excellent performance for reading all kinds of 1d 2d and QR bar codes.
- RT820 is a 2d fixed mount scanner specially designed for transportation applications like metro stations application.
- RT255 / RT230H are for general purpose use, read 2d QR code, DM, PDF417, etc; their performance is similar while RT235 is smaller than RT230H.
- RT234 used for reading PDF417 code in ID card/driver's license, or used for industrial level application since it's water-proof and dust-proof features.
- IDE237 used for reading OCR-B code and PDF417 code from ID card/driver's license and passport.
Contact Us To Test A Samples Now