How to choose the suitable OEM barcode scanner for your project?
|Read Usual Codes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Read From Phone Screen||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Decoder board & imager built together||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Read Ultra Long 1D &PDF417||Yes||Yes|
|Read Small Data Matrix||Yes||Yes|
|Read ultra Small Data Matrix||Yes|
|Fixed mount design||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Read OCR-B MRZ from ID & Passport||Yes|
- If you need a OEM barcode scanner for general use/ scan usual bar code (here the “usual” mean not very big or not very small, not high density) , then you can choose RT207 or RT206, both of them are very small size, while the RT207 with its decoder board and imager camera apart and the RT206 with decoder board and imager built together. If you use the scanner for a handheld terminal, then you can choose the RT206 which more easy to be fixed in a handheld terminal , and if you use the scanner inside a vending machine / kiosk , then you can choose the RT207, the RT207’s imager head even smaller than RT206. Both RT206 and RT207 is very cost- effective since they are most high volume produced.
- If you want a high level 2d scanner engine for general use / scan usual bar codes, then you can choose the RT208, which perform excellent. But its cost is a little higher than others.
Conclusion: In terms of performance: RT207<RT206<RT208; In terms of price: RT207<RT206<RT208
- If you need a fixed mount type scanner (with USB/ RS232 interface) for usual bar code , then you can choose RT220 or RT230H. RT230H with RT207 inside, andRT220 with RT200 inside. They built with fixed mount and with USB / RS232 interface.
- If you need one OEM scanner to scan very long 1D bar code or PDF417 code in ID card/ passport/ driver’s license, then you can choose the RT209.
- If you need to scan small Data matrix code that printed on a small chip / objects, then you can choose the RT208.
- If the Data Matrix code is ultra small and also high density, then you can choose the RT231 which equipped with Magnifying glass.
- If you need a scanner to read Aztec code, you can choose RT200 or RT203. If for Maxicode, choose the RT203.
All of them can read inverse bar code.
All of them support automatic detect and reading barcode.
All of them can be control by commands.
All of them support sensing mode, command trigger mode, continuous mode.
RT200/RT206/RT207/RT208/RT209 scan engine with TTL interface, RT204 is scan engine with both TTL and USB interface, RT220/RT230H/RT231 are fixed mount barcode scanner with USB/RS232 interface.